Rules of Earth Day Canada’s contest
Show us how you #FreeYourPlay for #EarthDay2019:
(1) To enter, participants must share a photo on Facebook, Twitter, and/or Instagram that depicts subject matter relating to outdoor play; they must also use the hashtags #FreeYourPlay and #EarthDay2019, and tag @EarthDayCanada and @Kamik. Participants must have public social media accounts (no private Instagram accounts), and primary residence in Canada, although the image shared does not have to be taken in Canada. Each photo shared (with appropriate tags and hashtags, as listed above) secures one entry into the draw for that week, and there are no restrictions on how many entries a person can have.
(2) Participants must tag @EarthDayCanada to qualify for entry into the draw.
(3) Deadlines for entering the contest are as follows: There will be a prize drawn for entries collected from April 8 to April 14; a second prize for entries collected from April 15 to April 21; and a third prize for entries collected from April 22 to April 30.
(4) A representative from Earth Day Canada will collect all of the qualifying entries each week and input participants’ names (or, if unavailable, social media handles) into a spreadsheet; the winner will be selected using a random number generator.
(4.1) There will be three prizes; one for each week the contest is running. Each prize will be a pair of Kamik children’s footwear, each pair valued at the same amount (CAD $100) and selected by the winner on Kamik’s website (sizing and style subject to availability). A discount code for the footwear will be sent directly to the winner by a representative at Kamik.
(5) Earth Day Canada will be naming the three winners via all three Earth Day Canada social media channels simultaneously (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram), both via status update and direct message to the winner. The first winner will be selected from entries submitted at or before 11:59 p.m. EST on April 14, the second winner from entries submitted at or before 11:59 p.m. EST on April 21, and the third winner from entries submitted at or before 11:59 p.m. EST on April 30. Announcements of these respective winners will be made between 9 a.m. and 12 p.m. EST on the Monday following each of these aforementioned days.
(6) Social media will be the primary method of notification, with two follow-up attempts by email if necessary, and only where possible.
(7) Winners must respond to Earth Day Canada’s notification of their winning status before May 1, 2019, in order to claim their prize. The prizes will be delivered to all the winners by mail.
(8) Earth Day Canada employees, representatives or persons with whom Earth Day Canada staff are domiciled may not enter the “Show us how you #FreeYourPlay for #EarthDay2019” contest, nor may Kamik employees, representatives or persons with whom Kamik staff are domiciled.
(9) Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of this contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the board only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.