Employee Engagement Program
In 2011, CN partnered with Earth Day Canada to launch EcoConnexions, an award-winning employee engagement program to encourage environmental and sustainability values and initiatives at CN yards and offices across North America. EcoConnexions is designed to support CN’s Delivering Responsibly sustainability strategy. The program’s three pillars are conserving energy, reducing waste and improving housekeeping.
The program focuses on:
- Educating and engaging employees on the program’s three pillars
- Identifying and sharing best practices across the network
- Recognizing and celebrating employee initiatives
Employee Engagement Programs
Bolstering corporate employee engagement and sustainability strategies
Earth Day Canada recognizes that addressing environmental issues requires the participation of all sectors of society. There are significant opportunities to work with the business community, and Earth Day Canada works strategically with its corporate partners to create and deliver customized programs that facilitate behaviour change amongst employees, while helping achieve their sustainability and conservation goals.
Why employee engagement programs are important
Successful employee engagement programs benefit the triple emphasis areas while:
- Creating a feeling of shared ownership by allowing employees to lead peer-driven, bottom-up initiatives
- Providing mechanisms for enhanced two-way communication between workers and management
- Recognizing efforts, celebrating successes and using incentives to generate real, lasting commitment and change
- Strengthening and enhancing employee retention, satisfaction, productivity and recruitment