Advisor – Conferences for Earth Day Canada
As an advisor for Earth Day Canada’s conferences, you will be responsible for maximizing the impact of events by carefully planning and enhancing national-level conferences, establishing strategic partnerships, and ensuring quality customer service. Your role will also involve monitoring trends, representing the organization at key events, and contributing to communications to expand the awareness of the conferences across Canada.
- Prospect and expand the client base by engaging contacts regarding current conferences.
- Provide personalized, quality customer service and ensure meticulous follow-up.
- Actively collaborate in the development and continuous improvement of conferences across Canada.
- Identify and establish strategic partnerships to enrich the content and impact of conferences.
- Conduct post-conference analyses to assess effectiveness and propose improvements.
- Maintain constant vigilance on trends and relevant topics for enriching conference content.
- Represent the organization at events and networking opportunities to foster growth and awareness of the conferences.
- Collaborate with internal teams to ensure consistency in messaging and organizational goals.
- Contribute to the overall communication strategy to maximize visibility and impact of Earth Day Canada conferences.
- Opportunity to deliver conferences.
Skills and Qualifications:
- A relevant degree in communication, marketing, environmental sciences, or event studies is preferable. However, significant experience in event planning, project management, or conferences will also be considered.
- Excellent written and oral proficiency in French and English for smooth and effective communication.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, coordinate, and host events or meetings.
- Ability to provide exceptional customer service and meticulous follow-up to meet needs and ensure participant satisfaction.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to present information engagingly and informatively during conferences, as well as to establish strategic partnerships.
- Ability to take initiative and propose creative ideas for the development and improvement of conferences.
- In-depth knowledge of current environmental issues would be considered an asset for this position.
- Salary: between $22.50/hour and $23.50/hour according to the existing salary scale.
- Start Date: February 2024.
- Location: Earth Day office in Mile-End, Montreal, or potential for telecommuting anywhere in Canada.
- Duration: 6 months, with the possibility of renewal.
- Schedule: 15 hours/week, Monday to Thursday – Flexible
- Reimbursement of phone subscription (max. $40/month).
- Dynamic, welcoming, and supportive team.
- Inclusive and Diverse environment for all employees.
Submission of applications:
Please send your resume and a cover letter via our online form below.
Please name your documents as follows: last_first_name_CV and last_first_name_letter.
Only documents submitted in this format and in PDF will be considered.
Please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Earth Day Canada
5818, boulevard Saint-Laurent
Montréal (Québec) H2T 1T3 Canada