Bilingual Development Officer
Earth Day Canada is a charitable organization that was given the mission, in 1995, to organize the Quebec and then the Canadian component of Earth Day, an international environmental event. In addition to celebrating April 22, Earth Day’s mission is to support individuals, organizations and businesses in their efforts to improve their actions on the environment.
Earth Day Canada is currently looking for a highly motivated individual to fill the position of Development Officer to support the organization in its outreach across different municipalities and events in Canada.
Under the supervision of the Director of Development and in collaboration with the development team, the successful candidate will:
- Promote programs such as the Mobilizing Municipalities and the Tree Planting Relay to Canadian municipalities;
- Plan and host meetings, follow up on partnership proposals and maintain business relationships;
- Work collaboratively with the Communications and Programs teams to provide support for partners and participants;
- Develop municipal newsletter content and promotional emails;
- Participate in scheduled events as a representative of Earth Day Canada;
- Support the coordination and planning of major events for the annual campaign, fundraising activities or other outreach opportunities with diverse stakeholders;
- Compile and maintain a database of potential partners and participants for the organization’s events and activities;
- Maintain a record of activities in a CRM;
- Write reports, agreements, and proposals for services;
- Any other related duties.
- Bachelor’s degree in progress in business development, environment or equivalent ;
- Experience in partner management or customer service is an asset;
- Excellent knowledge of French and English, spoken and written;
- Strong interest in the environment and sustainable development;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Good presentation skills;
- Autonomy, versatility and resourcefulness;
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Salary: Based on current salary schedule
- Schedule: 35 hours/week
- Start date: as soon as possible
- Duration of the contract: permanent
- Health insurance
- Contribution to RRSPs
- Telephone reimbursement ($35/month)
- Internal policies that promote flexible working hours and remote work
- Dynamic, welcoming and supportive team
Submission of applications:
Please send your resume and a cover letter via our online form below.
Deadline : 22 May 2022
Please name your documents as follows: last_first_name_CV and last_first_name_letter.
Only documents submitted in this format and in PDF will be considered.
Please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Please do not telephone.
Earth Day Canada
5818, boulevard Saint-Laurent
Montréal (Québec) H2T 1T3 Canada