Earth Day Canada’s mission is to support individuals, communities, organizations and businesses in their efforts to reduce their environmental impact. Formally operating as Jour de la Terre QC since 1995, the organization merged with Earth Day Canada in 2019 to formalize a new Jour de la Terre/Earth Day Canada organization, with a nationwide scope and opportunity as the most important participatory environmental event in Canada.
Our head office, located in Montreal, hosts 20 permanent employees working on various ambitious and action-oriented programs, such as Ecocharge, Action/Reduction , Food Fight and many more. These mobilization programs are developed in collaboration with major partners such as Sobeys, TD Bank, Quebec City and the Réseau Express Métropolitain (REM).
Under direct supervision of the Development Director and in collaboration with the development team the Development Officer will be accountable for executing various projects associated with its current initiatives and support the development of new partnerships as well as its growth as an organization.
- Design prospecting tools, plan meetings, follow-up on partnership proposals, and maintain business relationships;
- Create programs proposals for new and existing clients;
- Write reports, agreements and grants;
- Meet with new stakeholders and maintain relationships with current ones;
- Collaborate with the Communications team on the production of materials;
- Receive, analyze, and classify information from partners and programs;
- Monitor environmental news and social innovations;
- Maintain the database;
Skills and qualifications
- Masters in Business Administration or equivalent;
- Strong communication and organizational skills;
- Independent with good negotiating skills;
- Action, results and service oriented;
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to liaise with program partners and sponsors
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (in English, and if you are in the process of learning French, we would be happy to help and work with you).
- Salary : According to our salary scale
- Starting date : October 2022
- Montreal or remote, with potential travel across Canada
- Duration : 1 year contract with possibility of renewal
- Schedule : 35 hours/week
Submission of applications:
Please send your resume and a cover letter via our online form below.
Deadline : 2022-10-02
Please name your documents as follows: last_first_name_CV and last_first_name_letter.
Only documents submitted in this format and in PDF will be considered.
Please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Please do not telephone.
Earth Day Canada
5818, boulevard Saint-Laurent
Montréal (Québec) H2T 1T3 Canada