Project Manager – Municipalities & Public Engagement
Earth Day Canada’s mission is to support individuals, communities, organizations and businesses in their efforts to reduce their environmental impact. Formally operating as Jour de la Terre QC since 1995, the organization merged with Earth Day Canada in 2019 to formalize a new Jour de la Terre/Earth Day Canada organization, with a nationwide scope and opportunity as the most important participatory environmental event in Canada.
Our head office, located in Montreal, hosts 20 permanent employees working on various ambitious and action-oriented programs, such as Ecocharge, Action/Reduction , Food Fight and many more. These mobilization programs are developed in collaboration with major partners such as Sobeys, TD Bank, Quebec City and the Réseau Express Métropolitain (REM).
Under direct supervision of the Programs Director and in collaboration with the development team the Project Manager will be accountable for executing the program EcoHack-a-city and support public speaking events. This opening is a great opportunity to work with municipalities and help them move forward in their environmental transition.
- Plan major online and in-person events and coordinate their logistics
- Ensure the training of facilitators and support the design of training tools
- Work with municipalities to recruit participants to attend talks and workshops
- Collaborate with the Development team on participation of various stakeholders
- Collaborate with the Communications team to support the communications strategy
- Coordinate communication between all parties involved
- Elaborate and respect timelines and roadmaps
- Provide and attend conferences on topics such as food waste, the role of cities in the environmental transition and eco-responsible living
- Monitor environmental policies on a municipal, provincial and federal level
- All other related tasks
Skills and qualifications
- Bilingual (French and English)
- Bachelor of Business Administration or equivalent
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Independent with good negotiating skills
- Action, results and service oriented
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to liaise with program partners
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Great knowledge of online communication tools (Zoom or other)
- Interest in design thinking tools and approaches
- Driving licence
- Salary : According to our salary scale
- Starting date : May 25th
- Location : Anywhere in Canada, with potential travel across the country
- Duration : 7 months (end december 2021)
- Schedule : 35 hours/week
- Dynamic, welcoming and helpful team
Submission of applications:
Please send your resume and a cover letter via our online form below.
Deadline : 12 may 2021
Please name your documents as follows: last_first_name_CV and last_first_name_letter.
Only documents submitted in this format and in PDF will be considered.
Please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Please do not telephone.
Earth Day Canada
5818, boulevard Saint-Laurent
Montréal (Québec) H2T 1T3 Canada