Earth Day Canada’s mission is to support individuals, communities, organizations and businesses in their efforts to reduce their environmental impact. Formally operating as Jour de la Terre QC since 1995, the organization merged with Earth Day Canada in 2019 to formalize a new Jour de la Terre/Earth Day Canada organization, with a nationwide scope and opportunity to lead and shape the environmental movement in Canada.
Our head office, located in Montreal, hosts 25 permanent employees, we also have 7 team members working 100% remotely. Our team works on various ambitious and action-oriented programs, such as EcoCharge, Action/Reduction, Food Fight and many more.
In collaboration with our Workshops Team Manager, the individual will act as a speaker on topics related to the socio-environmental transition. This opportunity is an excellent opportunity to educate Canadians on issues related to the impact of our food, travel, housing, consumption and/or waste while providing simple tips and tools, easy to implement.
- Offer face-to-face or virtual workshops of 1 to 1.5 hours, in English, demystifying the issues and the actions to be taken on a daily basis;
- Stimulate participation and answer questions from the audience;
- Use tools such as Zoom or Teams to give virtual workshops;
- Writing content as needed, in collaboration with the workshops Team Manager.
Skills and qualifications
- Degree in environmental studies or related discipline or relevant experience in the areas covered by the workshops;
- Experience in facilitation, talks or training;
- Public speaking and group facilitation skills;
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills in English;
- Bilingual English/French, an asset;
- Strong interest in the issues of the socio-ecological transition in Canada;
- Strong interest in behavioral change in personal and daily life;
- Very good organizational skills and attention to detail;
- High degree of autonomy and ability to find solutions;
- Demonstrate initiative and display a participant-centered attitude;
- Knowledge of the Zoom environment and office software is an asset.
- Salary: on a per-service basis and according to the existing tarification grid.
- Monday-Thursday during lunch hours (11:30am-2pm), daytime (if possible), and evenings (between 6-8pm)
- Friday, Saturday, Sunday during the day (occasional)
- Between one per month and up to four per week (flexible to be discussed)
- Start date: October 2022
- Duration: 6-month contract of service for self-employed (renewable)
- Travel to be arranged (if possible)
Tools to be provided:
- Personal computer
- Personal email box and cell phone
- Excellent internet connection
- Zoom license
- Course outline and presentation material (prezi)
Submission of applications:
Please send your resume and a cover letter via our online form below.
Deadline : 2022-10-02
Please name your documents as follows: last_first_name_CV and last_first_name_letter.
Only documents submitted in this format and in PDF will be considered.
Please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Please do not telephone.
Earth Day Canada
5818, boulevard Saint-Laurent
Montréal (Québec) H2T 1T3 Canada