Earth Day Canada’s mission is to support individuals, communities, organizations and businesses in their efforts to reduce their environmental impact. Formally operating as Jour de la Terre QC since 1995, the organization merged wit.h Earth Day Canada in 2019 to formalize a new Jour de la Terre/Earth Day Canada organization, with a nationwide scope and opportunity to lead and shape the environmental movement in Canada.
Our head office, located in Montreal, hosts 25 permanent employees, we also have 7 team members working 100% remotely. Our team works on various ambitious and action-oriented programs, such as EcoCharge, Action/Reduction, Food Fight and many more.
Earth Day Canada is looking for 4 Waste Auditors to fulfill a mandate with one of our major food retail partners, Sobeys Canada. Reporting to the Team Manager, these persons will be responsible for auditing and reporting as part of a pilot project. This opportunity is an excellent occasion to make a difference in raising awareness on waste management in food retailing.
- Exchange and inform the different merchants and their staff of the procedures to be put in place in preparation for the exercise;
- Prepare and carry out the characterization of different stores in pairs;
- Apply a protocol and follow a collection method in order to properly track bags of materials for each department;
- Weigh, sort and fill out a quantity tracking file and enter the collected data;
- Communicate effectively with the Team Manager and with other Auditors on the observations made in store and report any issues.
Skills and Qualifications
- Undergraduate degree in environment or other relevant field;
- Experience Waste Management projects, an asset;
- Experience in the grocery retail sector, an asset;
- Familiarity with Ontario provincial waster and audits regulations, an asset;
- Ontario Waste Auditor training with the Recycle Council of Ontario, an asset;
- Experience in field work;
- Team player, self-starter and interpersonal skills;
- Strong ability to manage priorities and initiative;
- Excellent problem solving skills;
- Excellent command of English, bilingualism is an asset;
- Valid driver’s license required.
Working conditions :
- Salary: according to the current salary policy (new salary grid being deployed)
- Schedule: 37.5 hours/week
- Location: Greater Toronto Area, remote work
- Travel: frequent travel within the province, mostly in GTA, and also to the Montreal office
- Duration: 6 months, with possibility of renewal
- Start date: as soon as possible
- Phone subscription reimbursement ($45/month)
- Group insurance
- RRSP contribution
- Internal policies that encourage schedule flexibility
- Dynamic, welcoming and supportive team
- Inclusive and diversity-friendly environment for all employees
Submission of applications:
Please send your resume and a cover letter via our online form below.
Deadline : 2022-10-02
Please name your documents as follows: last_first_name_CV and last_first_name_letter.
Only documents submitted in this format and in PDF will be considered.
Please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Please do not telephone.
Earth Day Canada
5818, boulevard Saint-Laurent
Montréal (Québec) H2T 1T3 Canada