Waste Strategy – Senior Project Manager
Originally founded in 1995 to organize the annual celebrations in Quebec, Tous les Jours expanded its operations to France and the French-speaking world in 2015 and, since the summer of 2019, across Canada. In addition to the annual celebration of April 22nd, Earth Day Canada’s mission is to support individuals, organizations, and businesses in their efforts to reduce their environmental impact.
Our organization has 30 employees, based in our Montreal offices, but also telecommuting to different regions. Our team works on a variety of ambitious, action-oriented projects, revolving around different themes, such as waste management, food waste, sustainable mobility, tree planting and many others. Whether through conferences, awareness-raising events or field training courses, the opportunities for mentoring are numerous.
The Earth Day organization is seeking a Senior Project Manager to collaborate with one of our key partners in the food retail industry, Sobeys Canada. Reporting to the General Director, this individual will play a pivotal role in developing and implementing a strategy and pilot project while ensuring its ongoing management. This opportunity provides an exceptional platform to influence awareness and waste management practices within major branches across the country.
- Conduct benchmarking on retail waste diversion strategies;
- Coordinate a multi-party committee between Earth Day Canada and Sobeys to gain in-depth understanding of partner needs and operational challenges;
- Perform comprehensive analysis of Waste Management and Reduction (GMR) data from 1000 stores, identify areas for improvement, and propose tailored solutions based on the diagnosis;
- Validate issues and regulations regarding waste management in different provinces;
- Develop a national strategy for waste reduction aimed at implementing a diversion pilot plan in numerous Sobeys branches nationwide.
Skills and qualifications
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in environmental studies or a related field;
- Proven expertise in waste management;
- Excellent writing skills and ability to synthesize information effectively;
- Developed strategic vision;
- Strong project management skills with adherence to deadlines;
- Ability to collaborate with diverse stakeholders;
- Previous experience in the retail sector is a valuable advantage;
- High ability to manage priorities and a strong sense of initiative;
- Proficiency in spoken and written English is required; French proficiency is an asset ;
- Valid driver’s license is advantageous.
- Salary: between $25/hr and $30/hr according to our salary grid
- Schedule: 37.5 h/week
- Location: Greater Toronto Area, remote work, or Montreal office (flexible location)
- Travel: Occasional travel within the province of Ontario and to our Montreal offices
- Duration: 1 year, with the possibility of renewal for a phase 2
- Start date: as soon as possible
- Telephone reimbursement ($40/month)
- Group insurance after 3 months
- Contribution to the Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP) after 3 months
- Internal policies favoring flexible working hours
- Dynamic, welcoming and supportive team
- Inclusive, diversity-friendly environment for all employees
Submission of applications:
Please send your resume and a cover letter via our online form below.
Deadline : 2023-12-10
Please name your documents as follows: last_first_name_CV and last_first_name_letter.
Only documents submitted in this format and in PDF will be considered.
Please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Earth Day Canada
5818, boulevard Saint-Laurent
Montréal (Québec) H2T 1T3 Canada