Municipalities celebrating with Earth Day Canada and driving the ecological transition
The Role of Municipalities in the Ecological Transition
With urban areas set to become home to two-thirds of the world population by 2050 and as climate change is being observed and experienced at an increasingly local level, cities find themselves at the frontline of the battle against climate change. Bringing together innovators from every sector, they provide an indispensable setting for idea-sharing and problem-solving. Municipal governments have a firsthand understanding of community needs and are capable of greater agility to take swift concrete measures, with effects that ripple well beyond local spheres. As we face mounting environmental challenges, it will be our towns and cities that take a leading role in the fight for a more sustainable world.
Municipalities in Action
Cities and towns across Canada are mobilizing to take bold steps toward creating healthier environments, using Earth Day in particular to make a positive impact. These municipalities are also contributing to the ecological transition by organizing and supporting actions in celebration of Earth Day, to encourage everyone to join the movement and get involved.
In full respect of current public health measures, events that involve gathering people together have been cancelled or postponed. Nonetheless, we invite you to plan online environmental activities and to take advantage of Earth Day to make concrete environmental commitments. Once planned, feel free to add your digital events to our activities calendar!
Would your municipality like to take part in Earth Day by promoting the actions you take within your community?
1. Add your activities to our online calendar, which you can access below.
2. To become a partner of the 2021 edition of Earth Day, register via the online form and join the movement of Canadian municipalities that are mobilizing to show their commitment to Earth Day.
3. Earth Day’s campaign will be unveiled on April 7. All municipalities that have filled in the form will receive a communications toolkit including:
- The official Earth Day Canada logo
- The campaign visuals in various formats
- The campaign video clip
- Templates for social media posts
- Activity suggestions
4. If you have any questions or if you would like to receive tips on holding an event for Earth Day, contact us at email@example.com
Earth Day Canada
5818, boulevard Saint-Laurent
Montréal (Québec) H2T 1T3 Canada